“Research of 4.0 technologies for real-time food analysis”
- VEGA MAYOR S.L.
- ANTERAL S.L.
- UNIVERSIDAD PUBLICA DE NAVARRA
- CENTRO NACIONAL DE TECNOLOGÍA Y SEGURIDAD ALIMENTARIA
Main objective: Investigate the potential of certain high-frequency and optical technologies as a method of real-time analysis of food quality and safety parameters.
Specifically, the following photonic technologies are addressed:
– Hyperspectral image
– High frequency wave technologies (radar and terahertz)
These technologies meet the “4.0” industry requirements:
– They are fast
– NOT invasive
– With a result in digital format that allows its immediate use for decision-making on the process
Applications under investigation:
– quality of leafy vegetables: physiological state, tissue damage and surface moisture in the product.
– quality and safety of washing water: free chlorine and chlorination residues and detection of E. coli as an indicator of the hygienic quality of the water and the product being processed.
”This project has been funded by the Government of Navarre via the calling for Grants to undertake R&D projects 2018”